Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup with Poached Crab Dumplings
Author: Kirsten Dixon
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, and sliced
- 2 cups roasted kabocha squash meat
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Heat the oil in a deep-sided skillet. Add in the garlic and leek and sauté over low heat until the leek is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the squash and the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup using a stick blender. Add in the heavy cream and heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the squash soup in a shallow wide bowl and place two poached crab dumplings on top of the soup.