A sample itinerary including bear-viewing opportunities, deep-sea fishing and kayaking.
All-inclusive package price: $4,860.00 per person.
We encourage custom trip planning, you can book this itinerary as-is, or call us for a customized itinerary.
View each day:
Gather at Mako’s water taxi on the Homer Spit for your scenic 20-minute boat ride to Tutka Bay Lodge. Meet the lodge managers for a brief orientation of the activities and lodge facilities. Check in to your private cabin overlooking Grace Ridge and Tutka Fjord. Plan your days with your guide so you can include all the goals you have for your time with us. Options include:
- Kayaking in the Bay
- Tide pooling
- Hiking in Kachemak Bay State Park
- Cooking class
- Hot tub
- Join in the stretch and yoga classes
- Interpretive hike through an old growth forest
Luncheon is served at 1:00 p.m. in the main room. In the late afternoon, we offer a cooking class in the kitchen with the chefs, wine tasting in the main lodge bar area, and dinner at 7:00 p.m. After dinner, there is an evening education program on Alaska in the main lodge or evening activities with the guides.
Early morning gentle yoga class at 7:00 a.m. on the deck with views of Tutka Bay. Breakfast is served at 8:00 a.m.
Choose between two adventure activities:
- Join your guide for a day of bear-viewing on the Katmai Coast
- Or, meet your boat captain for a day of deep sea fishing for salmon or halibut
End your day of adventure with a nice soak in the hot tub and a dip in the bay!
After yoga and breakfast, you and your guide choose from a variety of activities:
- Take a small walk through our private trail system.
- Join your guide for a kayak tour of the area and exploration the abundant ocean life found in the Tutka Bay region.
- Take the day to explore nearby Grewink glacier.
Appetizers are served at 6:00 PM. Dinner at 7:00. Don’t forget to book your complimentary massage.
Morning yoga on the deck before breakfast is optional. After breakfast, catch the water taxi back to Homer. Maybe explore the artist community of Homer and enjoy lunch at our La Baleine Café.