We offer different menus exploring our favorite global cuisines while using Kachemak Bay and Alaskan regional ingredients
- A Seaside Garden Fridays
- Celebration! Saturdays
- Our Northern Table Sundays
Private cooking classes are offered any day of the week for groups of 6 people or more. Just call our Anchorage office to arrange at 907-274-2710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Seaside Garden (Fridays)
We take advantage of our proximity to the pristine waters of the Pacific Ocean influencing our kitchens every day. We look at local harvests and seafood in unique and creative ways and share favorite techniques and lodge recipes. A sample class (but may change at the chef’s discretion) is listed below.
- Spanish-influenced tomato bread soup with salmon bacon
- Cumin-scented heirloom corn tortillas filled with local seafood, herbs, and flowers
- Zucchini garden cake with wild berry ice cream
Set aside all thoughts of winter coming or that big wide troubling world. Today, we are focused on the joy of putting on a good party. This session is about celebrating the joys of gathering together as we prepare a feast of innovative celebratory food to share with family and friends. A sample class (but may change at the chef’s discretion) is listed below.
- Handcrafted drinks at the bar using Alaska wild herbs and berries
- Street Food Festival – Amazing street food recipes we’ve discovered from around the world
- Tutka Bay salted caramel pot de crème with apple cider fritters
Our Northern Table (Sundays)
No worries, there is no manifesto here. Northern latitude cuisine simply reflects our pride in an unspoiled countryside culinary tradition. We look to our Scandinavian heritage, our Alaska food culture past and present, and our Arctic and Pacific neighbors for inspiration. A sample class (but may change at the chef’s discretion) is listed below:
- Russian beet tart with foraged wild edibles and pumpernickel crouton
- Reindeer with forest fruits, parsnip purée and cabbage
- Danish cardamom rice pudding with summer fruits