Fly-in fishing, glacier trekking, hiking, rafting and more at Winterlake Lodge, Alaska 61° 59′ N 152° 04′ W
Winterlake Lodge offers complimentary activities for our guests. Each day, our manager creates a daily activities sheet that can be followed as a guideline or personalized with your guide.
- Hike the Historic Iditarod Sled Dog Trail
- Hike up to the ridge behind the lodge to view the expansive valley below and Mt. Denali beyond
- Explore surrounding trails and wildflowers
- Kayak or canoe Winterlake
- Watch for wild birds and wildlife
- Fly fish remote rivers
- Raft the Happy River
- Berry pick on a hillside no one has picked
- Cooking class with Kirsten Dixon or one of our lodge chefs
- Join Carl in the library for a presentation on Alaska topics
- Swimming in the lake
- Tours of the garden
- Soaking in the hot tub
- Yoga and stretch classes
- Therapeutic massage
- Wine and cheese tasting at 6:00 p.m.
Adventure activities include exploring our vast and intriguing neighborhood with our Robinson R-44 helicopter. Go glacier trekking, wildlife viewing, river rafting, fly fishing for salmon and rainbow trout, and exploring for gold within minutes from the lodge.