Makes 2 (1-pound) loaves.
- 2 packages (5 teaspoons) yeast
- 1 ¼ cups water, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup mixed dried fruits (blueberries, cherries, cranberries)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- Category: Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13-by-18-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a small mixing bowl, place the yeast, water, honey, and walnut oil. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt. Pour in the wet ingredients into the flour mixture combine thoroughly. Add in the dried fruit and nuts to the dough and mix for just a minute longer. Let the dough sit for five minutes covered in a warm area.
- Shape the dough into two smaller baguette-style loafs. Place the dough onto the baking sheet and score the top of the dough with a knife to allow the bread to expand. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.