Makes 4 burgers.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Alaska sockeye salmon
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dice half of the salmon into 1/8-inch cubes. Puree the other half in a food processor. Combine both the salmons together in a medium bowl.
- Combine together the cilantro, green onion, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and smoked paprika. Add this mixture into the salmon, stirring to gently combine. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Shape the salmon into 4 patties and chill until ready to grill or sauté.